Please contact the office for member volunteer opportunities
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
· We need donations of individually wrapped candy (without sticks) and/or funds to purchase other items for the event.
· We need volunteers to help stuff eggs in the Sports Bar on Thursday April 6th at 6pm.
· We need volunteers to help place eggs, hand out prizes, and serve lunch on Saturday April 8th. Please arrive at 9:30am if you plan to help with setup.
If you would like to help or have any questions, please contact Danielle Ankenman at 253-355-5724 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Any donations can be left with the office staff during regular business hours or brought to the Wednesday night Lodge Meetings.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone!
Melody Kennedy and Danielle Ankenman
The events put on by members of Tacoma Elks Lodge 174 are a great way for us to raise money for charity and get involved with our community. We challenge our members to come up with new ideas for events that will continue to support charities and community building.
What We Need From You
A written proposal detailing your event must be submitted for board review at least 60 days prior to your event. Proposal must include:
Please specify Lodge Room, Social Quarters (bar), Pool Hall, or Parking Lot
*Proposals should be submitted to Tacoma.email@example.com, care of Activities Chairperson
**Response time to proposals are typically 10 business days from proposal submission.
Once approved, let the planning and execution begin!
1. Assemble your planning committee to assign tasks. Need help with volunteers? Email Tacoma.firstname.lastname@example.org, care of Volunteer Chairperson.
2. Once you have a confirmed date for your event and details, let us know about it so we can add it to our calendar and help spread the word. Our team will get your event on the online calendar and an event scheduled on Facebook. *Be sure to include the details of your event (see above) when notifying us.
3. Create a poster for your event. Posters can be hung up to a month before the event in select areas of the lounge, in the bathrooms and elevator. Digital copies are welcome, and we can publish them online. Contact us if you need help.
4. Volunteers scheduled to work the event should be notified in advance to the hours they are needed (set up, during the event, clean up) and to the tasks involved.
5. Volunteer Forms must be filled out with event name and volunteer names and hours worked. (This is important as we receive money from the Elks Grand Lodge for all our volunteer hours collected.)
6. Assign or ask someone to take photos during the event. We love sharing photos and details of the event with other members and other Elks chapters.
After the Event
2. Turn in monies raised to the lodge and receipts for expenses (if applicable) using our Expense Sheet Form (link to Tacoma expense form).
3. Give us a summary of your event. Was it successful? Was money raised for charity? How many people attended? A description of the charity it’s benefiting. We would love to share the success of your event with our members via The Call, our website, and social media. Photos welcome. Can be sent to Tacoma.email@example.com.
Link to other Event Forms (coming soon)